« Provider Outreach home page
Eligible Professionals - Let’s get started!
(A single provider who will enter their data and submit their own CMS EHR funding application.)
To the right are the step by step instructions on how to complete the registration process.
This information is provided for Medicaid practitioners interested in applying for the Health IT Provider Incentive Program. If you are
a Medicare practitioner looking for information on the Medicare EHR Incentive Program, please visit http://www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms
for more information.
Things you'll need
- Locate the National Provider Identified (NPI) and Tax Identification Number (TIN) you’ll need to register at CMS’s EHR Incentive Program Registration site. You’ll also need this to create an SLR account.
If you don’t have an NPI, visit CMS’s site to apply for one. Need a TIN? Visit IRS.gov.
- Register at CMS’s EHR Incentive Program Registration site.
- Create or locate an electronic copy of your signed contract with a vendor for the purchase, implementation or upgrade of a certified EHR system.
- Locate information related to your medical license such as your license number and effective dates.
- Request a copy of a good standing certificate from the licensing board.
- Identify an individual who will be the contact for your application - you’ll need their name, phone and email.
- Determine the Medicaid Patient volume you’ll be reporting.
- Collect supporting documentation for your Medicaid patient volumes, including a de-identified Practice Management Report, de-identified Panel Member report, or other de-identified health plan data supporting patient volumes
- Determine which method of Certified EHR technology you will be attesting to — adopt, implement, or upgrade.
- Certified EHR info — verify that your system is on the list from ONC.
- Ensure that you have access to a scanner or electronic faxing technology such as RightFax™.
- Download, complete and scan in a completed Direct Deposit form. You will also need a voided check(checking accts) or blank deposit slip(savings accts) to upload on Step 4 of your attestation.
Create an SLR account to register for the Puerto Rico Medicaid EHR Incentive Program.
- Login and complete your application!
If you would like to continue your application process with the help of a Xerox support agent, contact the Help Desk at SLRHelpdesk@xerox.com to schedule an appointment.
Individual Eligible Professional (EP)
A single provider who will enter their data and submit their own CMS EHR funding application.
Eligible Hospital Representative (EH)
A representative for a hospital who will enter the hospital data and submit the hospital’s CMS EHR funding application.
Group Administrator (Group)
A representative for a group or clinic who will enter data for the group and enter data on behalf of individual providers associated with the group/clinic.
Eligible Professionals (EPs)
Eligible Professionals must demonstrate 30% Medicaid patient volumes for a representative 90-day period in the previous calendar year. Pediatricians may demonstrate a minimum of 20% Medicaid patient volumes to qualify for a reduced incentive amount.
Patient volumes are based on unique patient encounters per day for the 90-day period. In certain circumstances, you may also be able to count Medically Needy patient volumes to help you meet the eligibility requirements.
Your patient volume information must come from an auditable data source, so you must be able to provide documentation that supports your volumes.
Acquire, purchase or access to certified EHR technology. Evidence of actual acquisition or installation of the technology is required to demonstrate adoption.
Install or commence utilization of certified EHR technology capable of meeting meaningful use requirements; including staffing, maintenance, and training. Evidence of actual installation and use is required to demonstrate implementation.
Expand the available functionality of EHR technology capable of meeting meaningful use requirements; including, addition of decision support modules, establishment of interfaces for HIE, etc. Evidence that the provider has expanded the functionality of existing EHR technology is required to demonstrate upgrade.
© 2012 Xerox Corporation and Affiliated Computer Services Inc. All rights reserved.
Xerox has made every effort to make this site
accessible to people with disabilities. In the event
you experience difficulty accessing this site with
assistive devices, please contact our Help Desk at
(866) 879-0109 for assistance in obtaining the
information you need.